Severe Weather Damage Scenarios
Major storms can be furious and frightening, and safety has to be your first priority. If your area has seen serious storm-related damage, play it safe. If you the risk of flooding or structural damage, don’t go inside. Find another place to stay until you’re sure.
Once the danger has passed, it’s important to assess the aftermath and start cleaning up. Below, read more about the damage different storm systems can cause and how you can protect your property value in different situations.
Coverage varies based on your area, the specifics of your policy, the extent of damage and more.
Document the damage, keep track of all your receipts and get on the phone with your insurance company and a storm damage restoration company.
Storm Damage Scenarios
- Flood Damage: Floods can get into your building’s foundation, ruin structures and possessions inside, lead to mold proliferation and more.
- Tropical Storm and Tornado Damage: Circular wind storms can completely destroy, such as catastrophic damage to roofs, windows, siding and landscaping.
- Wind-related Property Damage: This can rip off siding, shingles and even whole roofs, break windows, wreak havoc on trees and electricity hookups and more.
- Hail Damage: Major hail storms can bend and crack shingles and siding, leading to long-term leaks and compounding structural damage.
- Winter Storm Damage: This can collapse roofs, lead to broken trees and electricity poles, and cause other harm.
Seek Out an Experienced Storm Repair Team
It’s an absolute must to repair storm damage right away, but the risk of danger is high. Before you try making repairs yourself, get your insurer and a contractor on board. Call us for details.