Damage Severe Weather Can Cause
Property damage caused by severe storms can be serious for your family or business, and repairing it can be complicated. To get the damage fixed safely and effectively, you need repair and restoration contractors that focuses on returning your building back to pre-storm conditions. We are the contractors you need.
Once the storm has passed, it’s necessary to assess the aftermath and get started with cleanup and restoration. Below, we’ve provided information about the damage different storm systems can cause and how to stay safe in different scenarios.
Storm Damage Insurance
The most severe damage from almost all storms is covered under home and business insurance policies, but the details vary. The amount you are responsible for paying depends on your premiums and deductibles, the structure, how much damage there is, property values in your neighborhood and much more.
Most severe weather damage is covered under standard home and business policies, but filing quickly is very important. If you wait, you could lose money now and pay more later.
Dangerous storm damage, lead to mold problems and cause other problems.
- Winter Storms: This can cause collapsed roofs, lead to broken trees and electricity poles, and more.
- Hail Damage: Major hail storms can damage siding and shingles, causing hidden leaks and compounding structural damage.
- Flood Damage: Water from floods can ruin foundations, ruin framing and finish work, lead to mold problems and cause other problems.
- Damage from Wind Storms: This can rip off siding, shingles and even whole roofs, destroy glass, damage landscaping and electric systems and cause additional damage.
- Tornado and Tropical Storm Damage: Circular wind storms can completely destroy, such as catastrophic damage to roofs, windows, siding and landscaping.
Find an Experienced Contractor
It’s vital to repair any damage as quickly as possible, but the risk of danger is high. Before you start making repairs, get your insurer and a contractor on board. Get in touch with us for specifics.