Storms Damage Scenarios
Major storms can be furious and frightening, and safety has to be your first priority. If your area has seen major problems, play it safe. If you suspect structural damage or more flooding, keep your distance. Spending a few nights away is a small thing compared to your health.
Get through the storm, and then take a look at the impact. Read below for more.
Storm Damage Insurance
Serious damage from the majority of storms is covered under home and business insurance policies, but the ins and outs are different. Your financial responsibility depends on your premiums and deductibles, the building, how much damage there is, neighborhood property values and much more.
First, you should document the damage to your home or business to the best of your capability. Take photos and keep track of expenses having to do with maintenance work, supplies and major appliances that may have been damaged. Then, contact a storm damage repair service and your insurance agent. Your agent will send a person to assess the damage. The best restoration contractors work directly with insurance companies to help you keep costs down.
Storm Damage Scenarios
- Winter Storms: This can cause roofs to fail, break branches and power poles, and cause other harm.
- Hail Storm Aftermath: This can bend and crack shingles and siding, leading to long-term leaks and compounding structural damage.
- Wind Damage: This can rip off siding, shingles and even whole roofs, lead to broken windows, wreak havoc on trees and electricity hookups and more.
- Hurricane and Tornado Damage: Circular winds can wreak havoc on your home or business, such as catastrophic damage to landscaping, siding and windows.
- Flood Damage: Water from floods can get into your building’s foundation, ruin structures and possessions inside, lead to mold proliferation and much more.
Hire an Experienced Contractor
Danger is high after a storm, and hiring a professional restoration service company can help you with repairs in a safe, efficient way. Contact us as soon as possible.