Severe Weather Damage Scenarios
Weather can be unpredictable, and some storms can cause severe damage. Our damage repair service can repair your property, getting it back to how it was before quickly. Our local experts know the hazards of local storms and how to repair ensuing damage.
Get through the storm, and then examine the impact. Read the information below for more.
Insurance for Storm Damage
Severe damage from the majority of storms is covered under home and business insurance policies, but the ins and outs vary. The amount you are responsible for paying depends on your premiums and deductibles, the building, how much damage there is, the value of surrounding property and much more.
Most severe weather events are considered acts of God, and that means that your insurance company can’t single you out for rate increases. But failing to file claims in a timely manner can make you ineligible for coverage, and neighborhood rates go up anyway following disasters. Always always file claims as quickly as possible so you don’t end up with higher premiums and no benefits.
Storm Damage Scenarios
- Winter Storms: Heavy snow can collapse roofs, break branches and power poles, and much more.
- Hail Damage: Major hail storms can cause shingle and siding damage, leading to long-term leaks and compounding damage.
- Flood Damage: Flood water can seep into foundations, ruin drywall, carpet and framing, lead to mold growth and cause other problems.
- Wind Damage: This can harm structures, break windows, wreak havoc on trees and electricity hookups and more.
- Tornado and Hurricane Damage: Circular winds can cause serious damage to all parts of your property, including catastrophic damage to landscaping, siding and windows.
Find a Professional Damage and Remediation Professional
It’s vital to repair storm damage as quickly as possible, but doing so can be dangerous. Before you start making repairs, work with your insurance agent. Call us for details.