What to Expect After a Storm
Severe storms can be frightening and dangerous, and safety has to be your first priority. If your area has seen serious storm-related damage, play it safe. If you think your home has been structurally damaged or flooding risk is an issue, don’t go inside. Spending a few nights away is a small price to pay.
Get through the storm, and then take a look at the damage. Read on for more.
Storm Damage Insurance
Coverage amounts vary based on your area, your insurer, the extent of damage and more.
Most severe storm damage events are considered acts of God, and that means that your insurer can’t single you out. But waiting too long to file can make you ineligible for coverage, and your whole neighborhood can see rate increases following severe storms. Always always file claims as quickly as possible so you don’t end up with higher premiums and no benefits.
Dangerous storm damage, lead to mold proliferation and more.
- Winter Storm Damage: This can cause collapsed roofs, break trees and electric systems, and cause other harm.
- Hail Damage: This can damage siding and shingles, causing hidden leaks and compounding structural damage.
- Damage from Wind Storms: This can rip off siding, shingles and even whole roofs, break windows, destroy trees and landscaping and electric systems and more.
- Tornado and Tropical Storm Damage: Circular winds can wreak havoc on your home or business, including catastrophic damage to landscaping, siding and windows.
- Water Damage: Water from floods can seep into foundations, ruin framing and finish work, lead to mold proliferation and more.
Hire an Experienced Contractor
Storm aftermath can be dangerous, and hiring a professional restoration service company can help you with repairs in a safe, efficient way. Reach out to us right away.